Help how do you get skunk smell out of the dog!?

Chicken Girl

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
Wisconsin
She got sprayed last night. Is this a good this to use to get the smell out?
1Qt. Of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 Cup of Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon of Dish Soap

Pleas help!

Chicken Girl

do a search here... I seem to recall seeing some suggestions before.

I've used tomato juice...no matter, kills some of the stench but you'll have tomato and skunk smell regardless...but it's an improvement.

I haven't had need to try some of the other suggestions like you say...but I believe if I had to I would.

I think that is the formula. You can do a search on the internet and find out for sure. BTW, tomato juice is a waste of tomato juice. Doesn't help a bit, and if the dog is white it turns it pinkish.

Quote:
What doesn't work? Tomato juice ot the formula? The formula does work. It chemically breaks down the skunk odor. I saw a segment of Mythbusters where they tried a whole bunch of folk remedies and commercial products. The peroxide formula worked best, hands down.

Quote:
My vet told me to use equal amounts of the 3. They said it was as good if not better than what they had at the vet. Also they said to take dryer sheets and rub her down to help. Tomato juice doesn't do anything.

Quote:
What doesn't work? Tomato juice ot the formula? The formula does work. It chemically breaks down the skunk odor. I saw a segment of Mythbusters where they tried a whole bunch of folk remedies and commercial products. The peroxide formula worked best, hands down.

I am sorry i meant i read the tomato stuff does not work. So will she abel to come in to night if we wash her with that?

I was going to suggest the peroxide mixture... And time
wink.png
Our one dog can jump the gate to get out (about 5&1/2 feet high!) and if she gets sprayed it's always a doozie... She's come back DRIPPING wet more than once
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom