Help! How to keep eggs warm in the car?

koakritters

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Petaluma
How do you keep eggs warm in the car for transporting? I'm getting 2 dozen duck eggs from a friend who's drakes won't let the girlies sit on the eggs anymore and we're going to try to hatch them in my incubator instead. The problem is, the eggs are 2 hours away... How can we try to keep them warm in the car? Is it even possible?

well that's what i'm trying to convince them to do, but they don't want to actually have to worry about the eggs all day... and we all know how time consuming taking care of them can be! lol

What if you got an inverter, and drove the incubator to pick up the eggs? That way, you could plug it in to the cigarette lighter and have it have power.

If that's too tricky, maybe check how warm an electric blanket with the same set up would be?

You could put them in a cooler with a hot water bottle. That should keep it warm enough if you get the warm water from the place you're getting the eggs from. You could put them in a carton and wrap the whole thing in a towel inside the cooler.

Just run your heater upfront with the eggies!
smile.png

I carried a dozen guinea eggs home from a friend's house, it was around two hour drive home. I had 6/12 hatch.
smile.png

~ Aspen
caf.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Just run your heater upfront with the eggies!
smile.png

I carried a dozen guinea eggs home from a friend's house, it was around two hour drive home. I had 6/12 hatch.
smile.png

~ Aspen
caf.gif

I was sooooooo confused for a moment! I originally read "I had 6 1/2 hatch. Was really wondering about that half a chick!
barnie.gif

I fully agree with the person who suggested the inverter, an incubator draws a small wattage and a car inverter can carry that load. btw anyone who purchases an inverter can use it to recharge all sorts of camera, phone etc. devices using the regular 110v charger instead of having to buy a car charger. pc's run well on an inverter too.

I had the same confused expression on my face over the 6 1/2 chicks hatching. I was reading too early in the morning. :LOL:

I realize I'm just agreeing with myself, but our inverter has been nice on camping trips when we're trying to charge stuff. It's come in handy.

Back
Top Bottom