Help! I don’t know what happened! *graphic image*

Tolayducks

Chirping
Nov 6, 2020
When I let the ducks out this morning my girl Bo dropped down in front of me and laid flat on the ground… I picked her up and flipped over and there way a bloody “sack” hanging from her. She’s also been broody the last 3 days. I ran into the house to get gloves and by the time I got back she had passed 😭 if anyone has any insight to what happened I would be grateful as I have 12 other ducks and want to keep this from happening again.

Attachments

• 69B7D654-FDC3-47D8-8A13-8DB2394612D5.jpeg
    69B7D654-FDC3-47D8-8A13-8DB2394612D5.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 14

BigBlueHen53

❤️ Love one another ❤️
Premium Feather Member
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
Kind of hard to make out what I'm seeing here. Just looks like bloody sawdust under her tail. Could she have a prolapsed vent? Is this protruding from her? I'm going to tag @Isaac 0, he's the best person I know for duck problems.

Tolayducks

Chirping
Nov 6, 2020
Kind of hard to make out what I'm seeing here. Just looks like bloody sawdust under her tail. Could she have a prolapsed vent? Is this protruding from her? I'm going to tag @Isaac 0, he's the best person I know for duck problems.
That’s what I was thinking… yes, it was protruding from her. It all happened so fast… opened the coop she came out, laid down flat .. I flipped her over saw was hanging out, ran into the house and called my only contact that has ducks and she was gone by the time I got back out. Yesterday she was fine, she came off the eggs and was eating/drinking..I spray them with hose at the end of the day they love eating the water out of the sky 😂and everyone was happy.

BigBlueHen53

❤️ Love one another ❤️
Premium Feather Member
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
That’s what I was thinking… yes, it was protruding from her. It all happened so fast… opened the coop she came out, laid down flat .. I flipped her over saw was hanging out, ran into the house and called my only contact that has ducks and she was gone by the time I got back out. Yesterday she was fine, she came off the eggs and was eating/drinking..I spray them with hose at the end of the day they love eating the water out of the sky 😂and everyone was happy.
I'm so sorry. :hugs

Top Bottom