This a picture of my almost three month old splash orpington,I noticed when I went out this morning that he was all puffed up with his head under his wing,I at first thought he was cold(50`S THIS MORNING) so I put him in a cage with a heat lamp,food and water but thats not it.I put some electrolites in his water and I tried to feed him bread with yougurt on it he tried it but did not swallow it so I tried just the bread as he loves bread as a treat and would not eat that either.He was in with 5 others the same age and they are fine.I have checked him over and can find nothing.I don`t know what else to do I really don`t want to lose him he is my favorite.Any idea`s on what could be wrong?
I recommend that you get some corid 9.6% liquid solution and treat him for cocci. Dosage is 9.5cc per gallon of water for 5 days, make a fresh mixture daily. It might be best to treat your other birds as well if they have all been together.
His posture looks typical to my birds who have cocci. Try corid or sulmet and from this point on...bleach bleach and bleach some more!
Its a parasite and hard to get rid of in the environment. Also effects birds around your age. You wont always see blood in their poop. Sometimes it's just white and really runny like that. I put syrup in the water of really sick birds I have in quarantine too. I figure for those hanging on to life it helps them get back on their feet.
I've had about 5 birds die of this this year. And one in my garage recovering with it right now.