Help I don't know if chick died while developing

Alex208

Chirping
Jul 11, 2017
So it's day 12 day I candled one of the eggs aND a saw a red blood ring but I can see the baby chick moving and the egg is on the table so the egg isn't moving at all but you can see the chick movING help tell me what is wrong

If the embryo is still moving, chances are you're seeing a ring of vascularization, not a blood ring. If they embryo stops developing, it will also not be moving and the veins will break down.

So it's day 12 day I candled one of the eggs aND a saw a red blood ring but I can see the baby chick moving and the egg is on the table so the egg isn't moving at all but you can see the chick movING help tell me what is wrong
OMG I have the exact same issue going on! 3 of mine have that thick red ring of vascularization and the rest is barely visible...but I did see one embryo move in there too! Please leave your baby in the incubator; if the embryo moved, s/he's alive! You can always pull the egg later if need be, but we can't undo a throw-away. I am letting mine be even though I have very low hopes for the other two ring ones. Also I have 3 much-more-developed babies so it's strange. Sending love and chickie positive thoughts! <3

Back
Top Bottom