HELP, I have 4 Ducklings!

Start out with warm water up to top of their legs then as they get use to that each day you can make it deeper so they can dive. They live to dive. They will produce their own oil as they begin to peen and you’ll see them start after their first bath . They have an oil gland right at the base of their tail where it’s meets the body they will rub their heads on it and oil their bodies. Just always stay with them when they are in the water. They will have a blast and you’ll enjoy watching them. They will show you by observation when they are ready to get out or get them out before water cools off.

Wow, Amazing. So I make sure they get some swim time every afternoon before dusk and they love it. They are starting to eat a little grass out of my hands but it takes A LOT for them to try and get near me. I think the transition from brooder to pond is effecting them. I tell you what I do is go in barn, start talking before they see me and they light up talking like crazy. But as soon as I open brooder up they freeze scared. I try and give them a few treats before attempting to pick them up and then after I finally catch them I put them in a high box to where they can only see me. Lay the box to the water and they jump right in scared to death. Anything I can do different or am I doing something wrong??

My younger ones do this. I sit with them with something they like. For me it is a warm breakfast mash. They are now coming up and trying to untie my shoe laces as I clean their brooder.

My older ones it took them a day to remember me after I moved them outside . If you can sit and peep at them while having food it should help. Their slow critters.

Wow, they dont run fro
My younger ones do this. I sit with them with something they like. For me it is a warm breakfast mash. They are now coming up and trying to untie my shoe laces as I clean their brooder.

My older ones it took them a day to remember me after I moved them outside . If you can sit and peep at them while having food it should help. Their slow critters.
wow, they dont run from you when you put them down to clean brooder? Or when you try picking them up to put the out of the brooder? Great!!!

Wow, they dont run fro

wow, they dont run from you when you put them down to clean brooder? Or when you try picking them up to put the out of the brooder? Great!!!

Took a lot of treats to get there I started with peas them moved to meal worms. Now grapes are a favorite. They don’t like me picking them up but will let me pet them if I sit down with them.

The way to my ducks heart was through their stomach.

Back
Top Bottom