Help, I have a 5 week old jersey giant pullet that cant walk and is twitching her head around.

LadyJada

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 1, 2013
Hi there, I have jersey giant that until a week ago was the largest of my birds, then we were transporting them outside for a few hours every day, we think her leg got caught in the basket we were transporting them in. She can't stand and is just laying around. I thought she was getting a little better, but yesterday she started tucking her head and shaking it around almost like a parkinsons or something. My husband checked her feet and said that he doesn't think her legs are broken but she can't stand up, she flops face down.

We have something similar. I have a small 2-week old English Game Bantam that was fine on Wednesday morning. Came home from work in the evening and it can not stand up, legs splayed to side and neck rolling. I have taped the legs to keep them under it and the toes to keep them from curling. Have been handing feeding with wet mash and water. We are also thinking wry neck.

I started giving mine the polyvisol and vitamin e - she doesn't seem to be improving, but everything I have read said to give it a few days.

Back
Top Bottom