HELP!!! I Have a Bunch of Wet chickens!!

earnhardtlvr

Songster
8 Years
Mar 25, 2011
Hagerstown, MD
Ok...so apparently my chickens aren't smart enough to go in the coop during a pretty severe torrential rain.
roll.png
So now I have 28 pretty wet chickens.
hu.gif
They went into the coop for bedtime just a little bit ago. We fluffed up the straw and pine shavings for them and the coop is draft free. Will they b ok?
fl.gif
They r 9, 10, & 11 weeks old. They have been in the coop since Memorial Day weekend. HELP!

Last edited:
They should be fine as long as the temperature doesn't drop to below freezing, LOl - I thought mine were dumb for the longest time because they never went in when it rained. But duh, prime bug huntin weather! Especially worms! They are they funniest looking creatures soaking wet though!

They will keep each other warm. As long as they are in a dry coop they will dry off and be nice and fluffly in the morning.

My chickens love running around int he rain, getting drenched and looking like drowned rats. They look so cute and pathetic.
They are fine and do well with rain as long is it is not too cold. If it gets pretty cold, you can set up a heat lamp, otherwise, they will look silly but be ok.

These dumbies (I mean that in the most loving way!) weren't even bug hunting!! They were huddled under an area in the run that has a tarp over it as the rain continued to pour on them from the side and back.
smack.gif
It was raining sideways from the high winds, so the tarp wasn't really doing anything for them! It is very dry in the coop. The 3 windows are pretty well protected by the tree next to the coop. A little rain came in, but the bedding was dry. It's supposed to get to about 65 tonight. So they should b ok? I didn't know if I should go out and try to dry them or what??
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom