HELP! I have an abandoned duck egg.

Candy11

Songster
9 Years
Apr 16, 2014
I have an abandoned duck egg layed in a tuft of grass next to the street in front of our house this morning. I want to try to hatch the egg but I can't afford to buy an incubator. Is there any way I can do this? Or is it a lost cause? I have heat lamps I used for baby chick's but I kno there is more to hatching.

Do you know anyone with an incubator you could borrow, or who could do it for you? Are you sure it's a duck egg? There are DIY incubator pages around the 'net, and you could use the search box to see if you can find one here, too.

What an interesting situation!

No I know no one around here with an incubator. I suppose in view of the time being critical I have no choice but to give up on the idea. I've been looking on the Web and a DIY incubator requires equipment I don't have.
Sometimes these situations happen. But thanks for the quick reply. I buy my chick's and supplies from a place called Baxter Barn in Fall City, Wash. The guy has like a 1000 birds. He may
Be able to help, I don't know.

Well when you don't see any ducks for an entire day and they layed the egg on a neighborhood street next to a sidewalk where kids play every day...yeah I'm pretty sure they abandoned. Why she layed an egg there I don't know.

Wild ducks lay in strange places. Also sometimes they lay and go for the day until they have the number of eggs they feel is enough. Then they will sit on the eggs for the day only leaving to eat and poop. Just watch and see if she comes back.

Back
Top Bottom