HELP I NEED A DIAGNOSIS FROM THE CHICKEN EXPERTS ON BACKYARD CHICKENS!

ittybit

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 6, 2013
Hi, I am posting a photos of our chickens that are pecking each others and their own feathers out right above their tails. What could this be? I've seen them eat their own and each other's feathers also. Their skin is beet red. Some have no tail feathers. Our buff orpington has no feathers down under her vent as you can see from the photo. We have 18 chickens and a very large outdoor run. We have changed to game bird food this week because of the protein. We've looked for mites and lice. Some have their vents pecked also. We've separated 2 very pecked birds with bleeding vents. This has been gradually happening for a couple months.

Any ideas? They look so pitiful. Thanks!

X2 sounds like you have one or more feather pluckers that need to be separated or culled. Have you tried Pinless Peepers? They will sometimes stop feather picking.

Any idea what happen to my chick. This morning this chick was fine or good enough that I didn't notice her at 630 tonight she looks like this

What is going on. The 20 other chicks look fine and they are all put up from predators. Any help please.

Back
Top Bottom