Help I need help on OEG Hens!

Jeslewmazer....I think it is important to have a few game hens in flock...They go broody and I want to replenish my own flock from now own...the first one I ever had was killed by a predator protecting her babies I believe...she wouldl NEVER leave them to themselves...she was beautiful...the ones I have now are young and filling out very well, look wheaton colored and one layed an egg today...she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO loud, goes on and on ... I also have a frizzle who has been broody twice what a wonder she is, only weighs a few ounces...batam, tiny but ferocious when she is on nest or hatched her chicks...she is BOSS...it so funny..I treasure her, the games are great free ranging, foraging for food, .... am greatful for them.... Thanks for the information about their habits will watch as it is now November....

Please please I don't wan to offend you but don't tie your chickens to a pole. They don't like it. My chicks aren't the best behaved but food always makes them come in. Please try it!! Stop tying them up!!

Last edited:
Quote:
If he untied those birds he would probably never be able to catch them again. Food to gamefowl isn't so much of an impressive factor, they know they can survive on their own. I am surprised to see how many people think it is wrong to tie up a bird, but think it is fine to put them in cage. I have tied birds and they are more comfortable then caged birds as long as they are given the space. But, I must admit those hen's ropes are to short for comfort.

As for the hens themselves they are not OEG hens. Comb, feather color, type, and even leg color is wrong for an OEG Hen. As for what breed or crossbreed they are who knows? There are tons of strains of gamefowl out there and it is rare for any strain to get much publicity.
The combs are not dubbed that is a rooster thing. These girls are combs are just smaller types. One hen appears to have a cushion, and the other possibly a pea.
Both girls look like they are laying age. Gamefowl are very sensitive so to their living quarters, daily routine, and weather. They tend to be seasonal layers too.

Last edited:
hey sorry for posting late but dont worry i have them in a cage 40x40 with a OEG Rooster from some breeder i know theyre alright now hopegully they will lay eggs!

Back
Top Bottom