1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP! I need to find an egg vendor!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bigchickenlittle, Oct 24, 2014.

1. bigchickenlittle

bigchickenlittle Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    Hello, I am looking at starting a chicken hatchery, and I was wondering where I can place large orders of fertile chicken hatching eggs (100-500 eggs), and for a discounted price ( no more than $2.00 per egg). Is this possible??

Thank You in advance!

2. HumbleHen207

HumbleHen207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2013
    Maine
    Usually big hatcheries have agreements, or ties to large breeder barns. It will be hard to jump right into large scale hatching processes without such ties, or starting large flocks of your own. Most breeders have only limited supplies, and sell only what they themselves do not need. If you are looking for large amounts of eggs for commercial production, I would suggest doing some serious research and finding some larger scale companies over the internet that you may be able to work something out with.

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by