Help! I think my chick is sick?

Chickigirl11

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2017
I woke up this morning and found my chick lying limp. I thought maybe she was to cold so I picked her up and held her to try to keep her warm. But she has been acting weak all day. She won't eat and she will only drink if I try and dip her beak in water. Every once in a while she will stretch her neck out and move it around but when she does, there's a weird cracking and popping sound. She won't move either I tried to put her back in the coop but she either stays standing still or sleeps like she has been all day. I thought maybe she would die by now but it's been hours. I don't know what do, or if their is anything I can do.:confused:

How old is she?
How many do you have?
What is the temp inside your brooder?
What do you feed them?

She is a little older than 6 weeks. We just barely moved them outside there are 3 including her. I keep a lamp out there at night just in case it's too cold. I feed them a chicken scratch that she has never had a problem with before.

Chicken scratch is not a complete feed...and not meant for chicks.
Do you offer them grit on the side too?

Well it's not just chicken scratch I call it that cause it's easier. But I mix it with a chick grit and a chick starter.

Do not mix it with grit.
Only offer grit on the side, they will eat the grit IF the need it and how much they need.

What brand is your feed?
So what you feed is chick grower and grit mixed by itself..or with something else too?

The feed is ManaPro chick starter and it's mixed with a little grit. She will sometimes dig her beak in it but won't actually eat it. When she does dig her beak in the feed she does really slowly. I was thinking it was because her neck was hurting or something.

Back
Top Bottom