Help! I think my chicken is dying.

Florencehb

Chirping
Sep 7, 2021
Mallorca, Spain
I've got a 4 month old chicken and over the past few days the rooster has been attacking her and I didn't know why, yesterday I found her laying on her side in the grass and thought she was dead but luckily she wasn't. I've bought her inside my house to keep her warm, but she won't est and is just sleeping all day. Earlier today I found she has a long string of what could be anything hanging out of her vent and I can't remove it. As the day is going on she is less energetic and I'm worried there's nothing I can do to help as I can't work out whats wrong with her!
Any help is great as this is my first time having a sick chicken and I don't have a clue what to do.

I cant take a picture right now but that could be possible, I've just noticed she's extremely undrweight as well so it might be more likely to be a disease. What would the picture be of?
The thing in her vent, does it look like and egg membrane? It also could be an oviduct but it impossible to say

Very unfortunate, I am sorry. :hugs

Do you feel able to perform an at home necropsy to find out what it was hanging out of her vent?

Back
Top Bottom