HELP!! I think she is dieing

DON'T give her any medications just yet. If her system is as compromised as it sounds, an antibiotic will only stress her further. Have you felt her tummy/vent area yet? Place the pads of 3-4 fingers directly around her vent and see what you feel. It should be soft.

Quote:
x2 The vitamins will help give her some energy. Maybe she has worms ( wait for a second guess of worms before you try to de worm her) Did there appear to be bugs in her diarrhea?
Hope she gets better.
smile.png

I don't know the answer. But I pray she will be ok. Please let us know. It looks like you have gotten some fantastic advice.
thumbsup.gif

I felt her and it doesn't feel hard to me. And she will not take the sugar water. I've got her warm and I'll keep trying. Man I hate to lose her. She is one of my favorites (of course..isnt that always the way). She is just standing at the front of the cage looking so weak. I'm waiting for you to poop in the cage so I can get a look at it and see if there are any worms.

Well it's 4am and she is still with me. She is still all puffed up and her tail is down. I checked her poo and I don't see anything weird, it's just runny. She did take a bit of sugar water and she seemed to like it.

Thanks for asking terrilhb. Feeling kind of alone right now. I just can't figure what is wrong with her. No worms, no egg binding, she's just so weak. But she made it to morning. Maybe I need to call a vet. I know she's "just" a chicken but she's kind of a pet. She took a bit of sugar water maybe that's a start. Will keep ya posted

I just had a hen that was feeling really puny. I think she actually had an egg break inside her. I felt inside her and did not feel any shells, but she was pooping egg. I brought her in the house and fed her scrambled eggs. Pedialite, buttermilk and I put vitamins in her water. She was feeling so bad she would only heat out of my hand. It has been about 1 1/2 weeks now and she is finally starting to feel better. But she is also molting really bad. I to love my chickens they are also my pets. I have kept more chickens in my bathroom than I can count. So I totally understand. I would have house chickens if my DH would let me. LOL.

You might want to bring some of your other chickens poo to your vet and have it checked for worms. You're not looking for the actual worms, its their eggs you would be looking for and that can only be done microscopically.

Back
Top Bottom