Help ID some TSC chicks for me please

Amoore117

Chirping
May 21, 2020
Liberty New York
So I purchased 6 barred rock (straight run) and 6 jersey giant (Pullets) in April 29th. I believe they were no more than a week old but I did not have any confirmation.
Can someone please Help me out here? I am working on more pictures please let me know what is needed but here are some early ones and then now
03F421D1-D57C-4FA5-B859-031A7E27F215.jpeg
3AE093BC-505C-4C4C-990D-2389C087FF95.jpeg
F0277435-0508-4AA1-B50C-05AAC68CC672.jpeg
CD0EC83B-1885-4D14-AC28-930BDFAE0922.jpeg
48F7E4E9-C780-4C14-8B4E-B4F01A5E33EF.jpeg

Not sure what you have but I believe barred rock and jersey giants chicks are both mostly black.

Oh, I thought you needed help with the white ones pictured above. My bad.

Barred rock chocks are mostly black with yellow spots on their heads. They feather out with stripes (hence the title of barred). Jersey chicks look like they're wearing tuxedos. They feather out black. I see a few in your pics that fit that description. Neither breed are all white. I don't know what to tell you then. Wish I could be helpful....

Oh, I thought you needed help with the white ones pictured above. My bad.

Barred rock chocks are mostly black with yellow spots on their heads. They feather out with stripes (hence the title of barred). Jersey chicks look like they're wearing tuxedos. They feather out black. I see a few in your pics that fit that description. Neither breed are all white. I don't know what to tell you then. Wish I could be helpful....
I do. Lol. They were little yellow fluff balls as chicks and now are a very very beautiful white, but from what I read white jersey giants are rare so I wouldn’t expect them From TSC. But maybe I’m wrong? thank you for the clarification on the tuxedo jersey chicks so that solves that question but it leaves these big white ones

I don’t know for sure what the white ones are but pretty good chance they are the Cornish rocks. Tractor Supply here seems to be only getting the Cornish rocks straight run and a couple breeds of pullets. The black ones are not barred rocks may be they are the Jersey Giants. It’s pretty hard to know what you are getting at TSC unless you are very well versed on chicken breeds. I took their word for it a while back because I was trying to stay at a distance and couldn’t see in the tanks ended up apparently with Easter Eggers instead of Cuckoo Marans. After I got home with them and thought about it I realized I didn’t get what I intended, oh well at least they were pullets.

I don’t know for sure what the white ones are but pretty good chance they are the Cornish rocks. Tractor Supply here seems to be only getting the Cornish rocks straight run and a couple breeds of pullets. The black ones are not barred rocks may be they are the Jersey Giants. It’s pretty hard to know what you are getting at TSC unless you are very well versed on chicken breeds. I took their word for it a while back because I was trying to stay at a distance and couldn’t see in the tanks ended up apparently with Easter Eggers instead of Cuckoo Marans. After I got home with them and thought about it I realized I didn’t get what I intended, oh well at least they were pullets.
I remember reading about someone bringing home a couple of turkey poults from a TSC pullet bin!
😳

Back
Top Bottom