Help ID these ducks

shmccarthy

Songster
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Michigan
At the mill pond today, I saw a lot of really pretty ducks. I never had ducks so I have no idea what breed they are and I was hoping some of you could help me figure out what these guys are? I plan on getting ducks sometime in the future, and I would like to get some of whatever these guys are.

Photo 1 I really like the one on the right :)

Photo 2 I also thought the white colored one in the middle with the dark bill was really pretty

Photo 3 The black duck in the middle also, this is the closest this one would get and I really liked this one too. It was a lot smaller than the first pictures ones.

Photo 4 Lastly this one on the left

Any guesses?

shmccarthy

Songster
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Michigan
Thanks for taking the time to answer! I searched those breeds and they look like the ducks I saw today. :) I'm thinking someone must've released them there...definitely not michigan ducks haha

Amiga

Overrun with Runners
11 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Southern New England
Lovely ducks. Are there people in your are who rescue dumped domestics? That would make a big difference in the likelihood of them surviving.

Last edited:

shmccarthy

Songster
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Michigan
Not that I know of. This is the millpond that is a few towns over. If I had adequate means as of right now I would take them, because they are beautiful ducks but I do not. The animal shelter in my town though occasionally takes in chickens and I will probably put a call in to see if they know any places that will take them. I would hate to see anything happen to them.

Angie Poo

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 27, 2013
Parma, Idaho
The one on the right in the first picture could either be a magpie or Ancona. It is really hard to tell from the picture but both breeds are beautiful.

Veer67

Songster
7 Years
Jul 2, 2013
Together with the flock
At the mill pond today, I saw a lot of really pretty ducks. I never had ducks so I have no idea what breed they are and I was hoping some of you could help me figure out what these guys are? I plan on getting ducks sometime in the future, and I would like to get some of whatever these guys are.

Photo 1 I really like the one on the right
smile.png
The duck on the right could just be a mix, I haven't seen a Magpie or Ancona with that much white in its plumage. http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Ducks/Anc/BRKAnconaDuck.html http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Ducks/Mags/BRKMagpie.html

desertdarlene

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 4, 2010
San Diego
They all look like mixes to me except one looks like a fawn and white Indian runner. The white duck with the dark bill might be a a runner, too.

Top Bottom