Help Identifying Breed

BugBittenAnkles

In the Brooder
Sep 2, 2016
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster. My aunt obtained a chicken a while ago and we have not been able to identify what exactly she is. It doesn't help that she is very old and has lost her neck feathers, but after some digging I've found a picture that somewhat resembles her.

I might post a picture of her later but I feel like this is the closest photo I've seen: pea comb, beard & muffs, grey feather and grey feet. Even the plumage of her tail is the same!:

Also, despite being old, she still lays an egg every week or so, which happen to be an off white and or light brown.
I mention this because the only chicken breeds I've found that sort match her appearance all lay blue eggs, and hers are most definitely not blue. I'm not sure if that means she's a cross or not, but I've been trying to find exactly what she is or what she might be for a while.

I might take a picture and post a photo of her if any of you think it'll help, but she's a haggard little thing so her plumage isn't as great and is the reason why she's hard to identify for us. She was apparently a class pet for a kindergarden before they retired her and gave her up for adoption -- you could imagine what sort of stress she must've endured before meeting the Queen of Tomatoes and Greens that is my aunt :p

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster. My aunt obtained a chicken a while ago and we have not been able to identify what exactly she is. It doesn't help that she is very old and has lost her neck feathers, but after some digging I've found a picture that somewhat resembles her. I might post a picture of her later but I feel like this is the closest photo I've seen: pea comb, beard & muffs, grey feather and grey feet. Even the plumage of her tail is the same!: Also, despite being old, she still lays an egg every week or so, which happen to be an off white and or light brown. I mention this because the only chicken breeds I've found that sort match her appearance all lay blue eggs, and hers are most definitely not blue. I'm not sure if that means she's a cross or not, but I've been trying to find exactly what she is or what she might be for a while. I might take a picture and post a photo of her if any of you think it'll help, but she's a haggard little thing so her plumage isn't as great and is the reason why she's hard to identify for us. She was apparently a class pet for a kindergarden before they retired her and gave her up for adoption -- you could imagine what sort of stress she must've endured before meeting the Queen of Tomatoes and Greens that is my aunt :p
Thats weird about the egg colour because if she looks identical to the pic then it would be an aracuana or an easter egger which definitely lay coloured eggs! I wouldnt be sure then. Sorry

She's most likely an Easter Egger. EE's can lay blue, green, brown or pinkish eggs. I have several and they are lovely birds. So glad she found a good home with you!

Back
Top Bottom