Help identifying breeds?

SkenderLake

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Knox County, IL
These chicks are almost a month old. I poste early on, but I thought some age might help identify them. Thanks in advance for your help. Then we'll just need to wait to see which are what gender!

These chicks are almost a month old. I poste early on, but I thought some age might help identify them. Thanks in advance for your help. Then we'll just need to wait to see which are what gender!

Light Brahma

Cuckoo Maran

Red Cochin

Ancona or Exchequer Leghorn

Welsummer
Buff Orpington or Buff Rock. Does she have a single comb?

Cute chicks by the way! :D

Light Brahma.

Either a Barred Plymouth Rock or a Cuckoo Marans; I'm leaning towards Cuckoo Marans.

Red Cochin.

Exchequer Leghorn or Mottled Ancona, the two breeds are so similar that it is hard to tell.

Welsummer or Light Brown Leghorn, you'll know for sure when it gets older and develops earlobes.

I would say Buff Orpington, but that comb almost looks like a rose comb. If that were the case, I would say Buff Wyandotte. Could you get a clear, close-up photo of the comb?

Back
Top Bottom