Help identifying male/female button quail

Quailmamma

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2019
EEC807EA-9FDE-4448-A9F6-D0CC62A5A1B5.jpeg
So, first off I know you guys have already answered how to do this many times. I have read and researched but still a little confused with my chicks. I’m looking to start pairing them up but want to get others advice first. Please and thank you for all of your help and advice. Also, I know their habitat isn’t ideal but we are working on something better and more permanent:) this is my first time having these little cuties and I’m still learning.

That's always good to have, more females than males. M/F and F/F pairs are ideal for buttons.
Keep an eye out for aggression. They'll potentially start fighting now that they're nearing adulthood and will pair off. If I were you, I'd preemptively split them up.

That's always good to have, more females than males. M/F and F/F pairs are ideal for buttons.
Keep an eye out for aggression. They'll potentially start fighting now that they're nearing adulthood and will pair off. If I were you, I'd preemptively split
I appears to be 3 females for sure. The one behind the tuxedo and covered partially by the box is too hard to tell in the pic....possible female too!
Although, the tuxedo could be a male, it needs to be vent sexed to be able to know for sure.
is bent sexing the same with button quail as it is with corturnix?

I don't have quail nor am I planning on getting any, but I'm curious on how to sex these guys. What is a the easiest way to tell if the quail is male or female?

Back
Top Bottom