Help identifying my roo and hens?

TexasMomof5

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 29, 2012
When purchased was told leghorn and Rhode Island reds....is that what they are? I don't think they look like those, but I'm a novice.
[/IMG]

I think the hen aren't really Rhode Island Reds, they look maybe more like New Hampshires or a generic-type hatchery Red bird. Probably great layers of nice brown eggs, regardless of breed.

The rooster looks way too heavy to be a Leghorn, and he's missing the classic big white earlobes. I'm thinking a white Rock.

Thanks! Yes, they are excellent layers and very sweet. He is a fantastic roo too! He takes care of the girls and isn't overly aggressive. Just the more I looked at them and the pics on here I wasn't convinced they were what we were told.

we have new babies that we purchased that are crested's (5), 3 "heavies", 2 whites that were supposed to be heavies but aren't, 1 black that was suppose to be a crested but isn't and 3 geese....2 are definately african grays, but I think the 3rd is a tolouse, it's beak and feet are pink instead of black????

I think the hen aren't really Rhode Island Reds, they look maybe more like New Hampshires or a generic-type hatchery Red bird. Probably great layers of nice brown eggs, regardless of breed.

The rooster looks way too heavy to be a Leghorn, and he's missing the classic big white earlobes. I'm thinking a white Rock.
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom