Help IDing 2 bantams please

Krysstyllanthrox

Songster
11 Years
Jan 27, 2008
Tulsa
I picked up chicks this morning. 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 Black Australorp, and 2 bantams of unknown breed. Help IDing them please? It doesn't matter to me what they are as I had wanted an assortment.

If it helps, they came from Atwoods. Sorry for the yellow tinged photos, I didn't use the flash because I didn't want to spook them. That spotted bantam is LOUD when upset.

They look like my BBRed babies - Old English. They are tiny & look like quail. Mine have always had LOTS of personality. We try to keep a couple around, because our very first roo was a fiesty little BBRed named Charlie. He took his job protecting his ladies VERY seriously. All but 1 of his ladies were about 3 or 4 times his size too- lol. Our girls don't want to be held, but they like to be close by & really like to listen to you talk to them. They will hum and trill in response. Their eggs are smaller than my serama hens are. We enjoy them.

Can you get a better pic of the more "spotty" one? From the pics one looks EE , does the spotty one have 5 toes?

Sadly, the spotted one didn't make it. It never thrived like the other four, and died during the night. I was curious to see what it would have grown into.

Aww I'm sorry for your loss. :( I had chicks die.. not fun!
I can't wait to see what kind of chicken this will be. You'll have to post pics later on.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom