HELP, I'm a Newbie and I Think I Have Too Many Roosters!

jitterin

Hatching
Apr 28, 2016
I bought 5 chicks, straight run, back in March. I thought I was lucky to have 1 rooster and 4 hens. NOT SO MUCH!
I'm posting their pictures below. My friend, who has raised chickens his whole life, told me I have 5 roos. I'm in denial but I think he's right. ugh!

Her are their pictures: I have 2 Rhode Island Reds, a Barnevelder, a Beilefelder, and an EE. All are the same age.

Probably a roo though! I just read another post and realized it's a roo.

Thanks for your help!

welcome-byc.gif

Agree with Sourland. All boys. Love the Beilefelder. He's a beautiful bird!

Thanks everyone! Now, onto the next question. My chickens free range and seem to group together. Is the saying true that you should only have one rooster? I guess I could keep them fenced away from each other.

Ugh! What to do?!

Thanks everyone! Now, onto the next question. My chickens free range and seem to group together. Is the saying true that you should only have one rooster? I guess I could keep them fenced away from each other.

Ugh! What to do?!
If you don't have any females, they don't have anything to fight over... As long as they're getting along, just leave them be.

I do have bantam hen's. They started fighting over them this week. I'll just separate them. They're so beautiful and they all are sweet with excellent personalities.

Back
Top Bottom