Help I'm Going Craaazy!

don't give up. I had a lone hatch and kept occasionally dunking it's beak in the water til i was satisfied it was drinking.
I would just keep holding it until I had others for it to see and hear.
I did have earlier hatches 5 which I put the loner in front of so it could see others. I couldn't put them together but it did ok. Clear plastic bins make it good, you just put them side by side. They can see each other.
Do they sell that green chick jell stuff over there? Make some mush and "feed" it to the chick by hand. Remember just a little is enough, a few times a day.
I realized that I was used to seeing 3 day old chicks that I didn't realize what they looked like the first couple of days. It takes those couple of days for it to get its' footing and fluff up.

My lone hatch Serama peeped till I could not take it.LOL I handled him constantly and my son did as well. when I finally had some peeps hatch out 6 days later he was so happy to join them. but to this day I am his momma.
I also had to make him mash as he was tiny...... I used crumbles with a little water and a little olive oil to keep it nice & loose for him to eat. He thrived on it.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom