Help! I'm looking for a dog breed that....

Pics
I would definitely say Labrador retrievers. They mirror their owners energy (when I want to go be active outdoors, they do to. When I am sick and am resting doing nothing, all they want is to sit their next to you). Not to mention they have webbed feet and LOOOOVE swimming. They love everyone and never exclusive to one person. I have 3 and have never seen them drool. Except for when I have them sit and wait in front of their food for a few seconds before eating:lol:. As long as you get them as a puppy you can train them around any animals so they won't chase them around.
We love love love Labrador retrievers but they’re sooo popular that we can’t find them anywhere

We love love love Labrador retrievers but they’re sooo popular that we can’t find them anywhere
But they are so popular, there tend to be many breeders.
And labs tend to have large litters.

So if you get on a breeder's list, you might not have to wait as long for a lab as you would for some other breeds of dog. Example: if the wait list has 10 people who each want a puppy, but one breed has litters of 3-4 and the labs have litters of 8-12... :D

So if you love the breed, you might want to look for breeders in your area and ask about how long the wait would likely be (unless you already did this, of course.)

She’s adorable!! Just out of curiosity, is yours affectionate or very bonded to you or does she seem more obsessed with the task and work, etc. ? Cause I’ve heard they can sometimes just want to work for themselves or only happy when herding, etc.
She is very affectionate, she does get antsy when she doesn't get a chance to fetch (that's one of the things she considers her job) where she just can't settle with being pet. You can tell the difference when she had played fetch that day vs when she hasn't. It doesn't usually result in temperament change tho. Just kinda mopey

But they are so popular, there tend to be many breeders.
And labs tend to have large litters.

So if you get on a breeder's list, you might not have to wait as long for a lab as you would for some other breeds of dog. Example: if the wait list has 10 people who each want a puppy, but one breed has litters of 3-4 and the labs have litters of 8-12... :D

So if you love the breed, you might want to look for breeders in your area and ask about how long the wait would likely be (unless you already did this, of course.)
That's a good point!

View attachment 2564675
@CSAchook - does this info that I have down so far look accurate?
“Extra mental stimulation’’ refers to things like higher obedience classes, training for a sport like frisbee, or puzzle toys, that keep the dog’s mind busy beyond the basic obedience training and regular walks. This can be taken on a case by case basis based off of behavior and the individual dog, but I’ve given a rating out of 10 to address potential for the need- 10 being we’d definitely need to do something and 1 being we definitely wouldn’t.
Off topic but my weirdo dog has a body like that dog 🤣

She is very affectionate, she does get antsy when she doesn't get a chance to fetch (that's one of the things she considers her job) where she just can't settle with being pet. You can tell the difference when she had played fetch that day vs when she hasn't. It doesn't usually result in temperament change tho. Just kinda mopey
That makes sense!! Thanks! :love

Back
Top Bottom