Help! I'm new to this hatching eggs and having chicks :-)

Bears chickens

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013
I set 20 eggs 20 days ago and I stopped turning them on day 18 and I not heard them chirping or they never moved I did take two eggs out as they didn't develop but the others all moving and growing good veins and good air sack. Will they start today as its day 20 or tomorrow? And what is pipping what am I looking out for? Please help I'm a very over excited 24 year old lol :p

I just hatched 28 out of 30 eggs last week. 1 died so i now have 27 but all are doing so good right now!! I did the same, took them outta the turner on day 18. I actually didnt hear any chirping until the day they hatched. I heard the little chirp & looked really close and noticed one had started pipping.. I have some pictures so u know what to look for. They are suppose to hatch on day 21 but mine started on day 20. Mine took a lil over 24 hours for all to hatch.

Some may be hard to see at 1st. And some may do this at the bottom or side of the egg where u cant see. But this is the 1st signs to look for!!!!!

I hope this helps u and good luck on ur hatching!!!!

wee.gif

Yay it's 5am and I'm a mummy to one chick no signs of others yet my litle chick nocking the other eggs what should I do x
:p

Back
Top Bottom