Help! Im starting lockdown

Delilah1337

Songster
8 Years
Sep 6, 2011
Spirit Lake, Idaho
Im starting lockdown this morning, I have one egg that will hatch sunday but the rest arent ready yet. I have the auto turner in for the others but I'm worried the single egg won't be able to position itself correctly because of the plastic frame of turner. Should I be worried or am I just being a nervous nelly? This is my first hatch afterall...

Well, maybe just lay something on top of the eggs, like a thick paper towel, and then put the egg on top of that, in a cup cake liner. That will help keep it still, but you eggs can still turn underneath....

Sharon

Can you take one or more of the individual trays out of the turner? And maybe make a box out of hardware cloth to put over the one egg to keep that chick from getting into the turner? Or maybe use some type of mesh box you have handy? Or maybe build a fence between that one egg and the rest? I don't know how many eggs you have or which turner or incubator you have.

The reasons I'd think about the box is to keep the chick out of the turner when it hatches and to keep the chick from getting the unhatched eggs dirty. If you have much time left for them, that might cause bacteria to grow on them and kill the developing chicks inside. I'm not saying that either of those problems are for sure, but they are might be a problem.

Well, maybe just lay something on top of the eggs, like a thick paper towel, and then put the egg on top of that, in a cup cake liner.  That will help keep it still, but you eggs can still turn underneath....

Sharon

Thank you for the quick response :) I pulled some of the trays out so I only have half in... I just found a small container to put the egg in so it will be safe. Im glad you guys are awake this early, I appreciate the help

Back
Top Bottom