**HELP in Nashville**

SillyKlucker

Chirping
Jul 12, 2020
We noticed one of our hens acting strange and found her butt area was bleeding. We believe she is the one of our Goldens that has not laid an egg yet. The others started about 2 months ago. she was sitting and began acting very lethargic. We have her in the house separated now, it has been a day with no change. She doesn't move much and isn't eating. We have cleaned her area with water and peroxide and applied antibiotic ointment. WHAT CAN WE DO?? I love her and it's so sad to see. We can't find a vet in Nashville. Does anyone know ANYONE in Nashville? Any help would mean the world.

I'm also in the Nashville area, but have never personally taken my birds to a vet. This avian vet is open until five today.
http://avianandexotics.com/
We had to have her euthanized today. We don’t know what it was just yet but here are the vets we found if you ever need them-
Rock N Country vet in College Grove (we used them today)
Fairview Animal Clinic in Fairview
We did try the avian vet but they were booked.

We had to have her euthanized today. We don’t know what it was just yet but here are the vets we found if you ever need them-
Rock N Country vet in College Grove (we used them today)
Fairview Animal Clinic in Fairview
We did try the avian vet but they were booked.
I'm so sorry. She was lucky to have you to give her a chance. Thank you for the recommendations though! Rock N Country vet is actually less than 10 miles away from me. Will definitely keep it in mind :)

Watch for any vent pecking in your flock. Vent pecking can lead to cannibalism. Sometimes a vent can prolapse a little when laying an egg, and the red color can attract pecking. Hopefully,meveryone will be fine. Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom