Help! Indian Runner Ducks 30 days still incubating

Jorden Rohrlach

Hatching
Oct 2, 2023
First time post here. Also fist time incubating duck eggs. I have had indian runners in for now 30 days. I’m struggling to see any internal pipping or movement over the last few days. I’ve had 2 hatch and are okay but not sure if I should make a small hole??
The last 2 pipped out from the bottom, not the air socket. What should I do?? They were all living and going great but the last few days I’m not sure what I should do now? Any help or advice?

First time post here. Also fist time incubating duck eggs. I have had indian runners in for now 30 days. I’m struggling to see any internal pipping or movement over the last few days. I’ve had 2 hatch and are okay but not sure if I should make a small hole??
The last 2 pipped out from the bottom, not the air socket. What should I do?? They were all living and going great but the last few days I’m not sure what I should do now? Any help or advice?
I've only hatched duck eggs once for a neighbor but have hatched dozens of batches of chickens. When we did our first batch, they took two extra days. I came on here and found out I should buy a thermometer/hygrometer to double-check the temp of the incubator. Sure enough, my new NR360 was low 1.5F.

That's usually the reason for slow hatchers yet, you said you had two hatch. If they JUST hatched, I'd wait then. If they hatched yesterday, then I'd be worried.

Here's an article about assisting duck hatches that I hope is helpful since I just know what I'd do if those were chicken eggs.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/assisting-call-duck-hatches.76507/

Back
Top Bottom