Help! inubator tempreture was 111!

Mrs.brown

Songster
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
In a coop
When I got home today the incubator temperature was 111! my thermometer says the highest when I was away was 117! My eggs were going in to lockdown tomorrow!
hit.gif
Should I throw them away?

Mrs.brown :

When I got home today the incubator temperature was 111! my thermometer says the highest when I was away was 117! My eggs were going in to lockdown tomorrow!
hit.gif
Should I throw them away?

Since i'm so new at this chicken "thing" i dont know for sure, but what if you candle them and see if you've got movement before making an snap decissions?​

Since they are close to hatching, don't toss them yet.

I know this doesn't help much, but my old thermostat in my incubator got hung up at 117 degrees and they all were cooked. But, they were at ~10 days incubation.

i wouldnt throw them away, they might be ok, just watch and wait, candle them, listen to them, they might still be ok,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just lock them down. I'm sure you'll be very surprised and have chicks, but you'll also be really upset when you realize you almost threw them out.

I was thinking 108 was my highest spike, but looking back it was 118. Moust have been all night and I still had a great hatch.

Lockdown, breath, sit on hands, wait! And they can be days late too, so if you see nothing until day 25, don't be surprised about that either.

Oh and I have rarely seen movement later into the incubation. I do sometimes, but I thought I had lost a bunch on thursday and all but 3 eggs hatched, so I have a full brooder. Never think it's not going to hatch. So many people have tossed eggs or broken them open only to find they would have been fine.

Quote:
I was about to candle tonight. If temperatures are high won't they usually hatch early? I'll keep all of you updated.

They have to be at an eleveated temp for several days or throughout the incubation to hatch early. When you candle, you probably won't see any movement this close to the hatch. They simply don't have a lot of wiggle room.

Mrs.brown :

should I throw the eggs that have no veins?

No. You don't always see the veins. They don't always hatch early, but they can, but that's because they were going to any way.
If you smell something rotten? Yeah, toss it. LOL​

Back
Top Bottom