Help! Is it a prolapsed vent?!!

Let me know if you need more light on the eyes. They look crazy! She just lays on her side. And her toes are not curled. She just doesn’t seem to have control of her legs. She just lays on them all wonky and kind of just flails them. Now that I think about it I’m not 100% that she ever did lay eggs. I guess I just assumed so. We have a lot of chickens 😅
I don’t know anything about her history but I do know her paisley shaped eye has always been like that since we’ve had her. That’s how she got her name.
She hasn’t been able to stand for about a week. We’ve had her inside in the sink for about three days now. She’s just propped up on towels and we’re bathing her to get the poop off. I don’t know what to do! 😭

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 1
Okay so I see that it’s mareks disease. I am freaking out because she’s been with all of our other birds since we got her! I’m doing some research but I am just concerned that everyone has been exposed and will eventually see the same fate! Thanks for the help. Obviously we are going to cull her. It doesn’t seem like there’s any chance of recovery from mareks. Sadly.

Her right eye (in the left picture) could be sign of Mareks with the irregular pupil, but also might be a coloboma. If it becomes more colorless or grey, that can be a sign of Mareks disease as well. Her other eye looks fairly normal except the pupil seems dilated (large,) and that might be because of her blindness. With her lameness, Mareks is a real possibility.

Back
Top Bottom