Help! It's day 22 and nothing!

Chickenrunner16

Hatching
7 Years
May 22, 2012
So I'm a teacher and have hatched chicks in years past with NO problems. I'm using the same hovabator incubator with 2 thermometers and an automatic turner. I keep the one reservoir underneath the screen with water in it and on the 19th day I took them out of the turner and put them flat. Yesterday morning I woke to find one egg with a pip but no movement or cheeping the rest of the day. Today there is absolutely no action in there. Im seriously so devastated and the kids are heartbroken too. Is there any chance at this point? Anyone have any thoughts on what might have gone wrong? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

fl.gif
Hoping for a late hatch! Don't give up yet.

yes-hopefuly its a late hatch it is very possible.
one of mine was a late straggler,made one hole in the egg,didnt hear a sound or movement from her till the day after twenty first and she was just exhausted,she is perfectly fine now.

apparently chicks can be very gently helped out of the egg,but that is something woud ask a pro for info about first before attempting.

were the eggs all candled?

Last edited:
I posted the exact same thing this morning, today is day 22 for me and nothing was happening. Not long after I posted the first chick practically exploded out of the shell without warning. I'm still waiting on three more with no activity so you have someone else in the same boat if that makes you feel any better. Good luck!

I candled the eggs last week but couldn't see through the brown ones. I have 3 kinds of eggs- black jersey giants, buff orpingtons and white leghorns. I could see some blood vessels in the white ones but not all of them.

I saw your post and then the pic of your little darling!! I feel like most of my hope is gone but your story made me feel a little better :) They need to rally in there! Thanks for the support! ;)

Back
Top Bottom