Help! Just found out DH is buying me two pygmy goats!

Quote:
I thought they were still young enough their horns sure grew in fast.

Well gee, do you think they're older than 3 months old then? I have no idea, that's just what I was told!!

So cute!!....hubby would kill me if I brought home goats....and if he ever got me some I would for sure know my Doctor called and I must be dieing!!

Congrats on your goat's.I hope they do well for ya.I have one old honary Pygmy billy left.I Had 3 Nubian's a few year's ago and I totaly was not prepared for them.They need good fencing for one.They can get in some messes with NOTHING lol.Our female broke a horn and had to be cut and seared and thought We were going to lose her for a couple days.Also I would Not recommend putting them with chicken's right away.One of my young weanling's ones got sick with The run's and seller said they can actualy pick up Coccidiosis or similar from drinking after chcicken's I dunno. Well We got him well within a few days of what ever was ailing him and then they were Crazy lol.They were so much fun but working the hour's I was and hubby too and all the other's We found them a great home and they wound up had twins between the mating pair.I Hope they work out for ya.

Quote:
I thought they were still young enough their horns sure grew in fast.

Well gee, do you think they're older than 3 months old then? I have no idea, that's just what I was told!!

Don't know for sure with goats but my two nine month old calves are just about that long maybe a tad longer....if they grow the same?

Anyone know for sure and I know the vet would still do my calves horns.

Back
Top Bottom