Help! Large bleeding wound on hen's head & neck!

We've actually been planning on butchering two of the three roosters once we knew which ones were more aggressive. The one we believe to be in the middle of the pecking order is actually very friendly and we only want one. We don't have any room to keep another flock for another cockerel to look after and just don't see a reason to keep and feed two extra roosters. Might as well make a meal out of them....

Yeah, I'm not particularly excited about it but we think it's an important part of keeping any of the animals we choose to keep!

Is she ok??

I would love to know if she is ok and what happened.

Could you tell me if thats ok.

HenGirl2002

She's doing great! Her neck still looks nasty but we have her seperate from the rest of the flock and are spraying Vetricyn on the wound 2-3 times a day and keeping Neosporin on it. I noticed a yellowish crustiness today but it isn't pus-filled or putrid smelling so I'm hoping that's somewhat normal in the healing process. She's doing MUCH better than that first day, thank you for asking!!

Thats ok i was hopping for her to be doing well!!

HenGirl2002

P.S. My Mum Dad were wondering how she was to!!

Look at her this week! Almost completely covered with the starts of new feathers. Pretty miraculous in my opinion....I was sure we were going to lose her!

Back
Top Bottom