help! lumps on her breats?! only 5 weeks old??

5chickens1girl

Hatching
May 19, 2015
osage beach missouri
My dear sweet benidict is about 5-6 weeks old and shes developed a lump about the size of a small bouncy ball on her left breast as you look from her head, she is acting fi e and being kind as she usually id to her sister tomago whos about a week old and im worried. I dont know if shes gonna be sick or... shes also got a bald spot over the buldge and you can see her veins. She dislikes my adult easter egger easy and easy is pecking at her so i dont know. Any ideas??

It keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Last edited:
Can't really tell much from the pics, but from the description it sounds like it could just be food in her crop. Is she eating and drinking? Also, probably a good idea to separate the adult chickens from the babies.

Withhold food for the night and see if it gets smaller. If it does 'empty,' it's just her crop, and she's a little piggy. Those chicks are too young to be left with an adult hen. They need to be big enough to handle pecking order scraps before you start the introductions. At least 8 weeks old.

Withhold food for the night and see if it gets smaller. If it does 'empty,' it's just her crop, and she's a little piggy. Those chicks are too young to be left with an adult hen. They need to be big enough to handle pecking order scraps before you start the introductions. At least 8 weeks old.
thanks so much ^~^ I'm only 14 and new to this chicken raising thing since march. I sepperated them withe the adults and put Her in a box with my tomago and it doesn't seem to bother her so that's what I figured. Benedict has anxiety when I'm not near her anyway. She's quite clingy.

This exact thing happened with my first chicken, a White Leghorn. I was terrified when I noticed it. I withheld food for the night and the next day it was fine. Looked it up here and found that it's just food in her crop and apparently a normal part of being a chicken. But yes, it certainly is scary to see your chick is suddenly larger on one side and seemingly uncomfortable!

Back
Top Bottom