Help me age my Pekins!

2Pekins2Chicks

In the Brooder
May 8, 2015

We picked these two up about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I'm guessing 4-5 weeks. Please let me know what you think!!

I'd say between 7 to 9 weeks, do they have all their feathers or is there still some fluff

this is my pekin at almost 5 weeks still pretty fluffy but feathers are sprouting

Last edited:
Pretty fluffy still but getting whiter every day. Looks similar to your 5 weeks olds! Are they ok to be outside at this point?

Pretty fluffy still but getting whiter every day. Looks similar to your 5 weeks olds! Are they ok to be outside at this point?
during the day yes if it's warmer weather but I'm not sure about night she still comes and sleeps in a portable dog house at night. What degree is your nights right now? I think they need to be around 70, 75 degrees still.

during the day yes if it's warmer weather but I'm not sure about night she still comes and sleeps in a
portable dog house at night. What degree is your nights right now? I think they need to be around 70, 75 degrees still.

I'm in Montana and highs during the day have been 60-65. Currently they have been going out during the day and in a dog kennel at night. I don't mind keeping them toasty they just seem to be getting big for that kennel. I read that switching them from coop to coop could cause stress and I just want to keep them comfy:)

They do look more yellow in this picture out here in California our highs are about 70 right now but soon to hit into the 80s, which is fine but another month and we'll be in the 90-100 ugh I'm not ready haha how do they like being outside? Do they cry if you leave?

They do look more yellow in this picture out here in California our highs are about 70 right now but soon to hit into the 80s, which is fine but another month and we'll be in the 90-100 ugh I'm not ready haha how do they like being outside? Do they cry if you leave?

Dang 90-100 is hot! They love being outside. At first they cried but now they are used to it. If I'm working in the garden/yard they follow me everywhere I love it!

Very hot! That's so cute I love when my ducks follow me too :) if you have any advice on how you got your ducks to be good outdoors @JLynnsDuckies would probably.like to hear it. She's working on transitioning them for their outdoor home

Back
Top Bottom