help me!!! chicken comb bleeeding!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by raymondjames, Mar 14, 2012.

1. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    hi byc. going to the grand canyon today (in an hour ill be @ airport)[​IMG]

while checking on them and egg-checking (now they lay!!!!)

i saw my adorable little roo and another roo. my special one had a "wet"-looking comb and when he shook his head, he got blood on his hackle. the other roo didn't look like he had a comb problem but had blood on his hackle.
    What do i do? SO WORRIED. definitely the worst time to happen. i do have a chicken-sitter and maybe she could help out.
    reply soon, byc!!!-

---Rj

2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

if its bleedin real good throw some flour,cornmeal,baking powder,,somethin like that on it,, should stop soon. keep him way from others for a bit, they'll peck at the blood and or flour.

3. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

he could of scratched it on something, could of gotten brave towards a hen,, or him n other roo figurin out whos boss,, i wouldnt worry bout it at all. ask sitter to put him back with others tomorrow and watch for a min,,, jus dont keep him seperated too long,, he have to start over in peckin order,,and thats lots of work lol

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Seperate the roos for a quick fix, seperate pen. Have the caretaker put neosporin on the injured roos comb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by