Help me choose a incubator please

One more thing, how much time do you have from the time it is laid to the time you put it in the incubator? Can I stock pile them for a few days?

1502 on the way! So I pulled the trigger and bought it from Cutler today. Have that, 6 trays, and a box of pads. I am going to make my own 5 gallon bucket reserve and save about 30-35 bucks.

Next thing is, do I hatch inside the new incubator or buy a $40 incubator from rural king?

1502 on the way! So I pulled the trigger and bought it from Cutler today. Have that, 6 trays, and a box of pads. I am going to make my own 5 gallon bucket reserve and save about 30-35 bucks.

Next thing is, do I hatch inside the new incubator or buy a $40 incubator from rural king?
If you are going to stagger set---I would buy the incubator to hatch in. I went ahead and spent the $40 for the 5 gal bucket automatic watering. I built my cabinet incubator and I figured by the time I got the float valve and tray, connectors---I was almost there. But I have never hooked it up in months now because I like the way I got my incubator set-up without the reserve watering.

Well I been thinking about this water thing. I know it might be hard to see the level in the Reservoir inside the incubator. So maybe put in a mirror or ping pong ball for a visual. Then run a hose to it from my 5 gal water cooler and fill it when needed. Or another idea, drill a hole in the bottom of one of my waterer cups and let the float from that do all the work. I would definitely want to have a overflow hole or pan underneath for a just in case.

Back
Top Bottom