Help me chose great layers for my farm !

It's considered a hybrid. They go by many names it all depends on what the breeder gives them for a name.
What I listed is basically the cross that is used in the US for commercial egg production.
They are upward of 300+ eggs per year. I don't believe you will find any other combination to produce more brown eggs.

So you want me to have some rir mate with Delaware hen and incubate thier eggs to produce sex link ?

Only if you want some of the best egg production chickens.

Ok thank you !

But i don know how to get Delaware hens in Afghanistan I can get them in India but I don think so they would be available in India as well . These Birds are American wnd hard to find in Asian countries.

The production birds I’ve got in USA lay about 200 eggs the first year and my barred rocks and others lay more
Orpington outlay everything on my flock to be honest about 330 a year

Aha I see...what about Rhode island red ?

The production birds I’ve got in USA lay about 200 eggs the first year and my barred rocks and others lay more
Orpington outlay everything on my flock to be honest about 330 a year

Ok I just double checked and it’s correct barred rock is for black sex links sorry
Use rir rooster and silver laced Wyandotte hens to create the red sex link
White birds should not be used

I have no Rhode Island reds sorry I don’t know much about them except my neighbor has one that’s aggressive and won’t stay off my property lol

If you are looking to produce roughly 5000 eggs a day and you plan on raising your own birds it will take you some time years even to get up to those numbers if your only starting with 200 hens. To me one of the benefits of hybrids is they do no go broody very much if at all. I can not confirm or deny the previous comments about the Barred rock or Orpingtons above but i do with all due respect to the poster of that message disagree. To me the numbers he states are backwards of what the norms would be. I am not aware of any high volume egg producer who uses the breeds he listed for egg production.

I believe it would be very helpful if you listed what breeds you do have access to.
If you are unable to breed your own cross due to limited bird availability i think a very solid choice would be the Rhode Island Red seeing how you do have those available to you.
Good luck in your venture and i wish you much success !!

I did look up Orpington egg production it does seem my Orpingtons are laying way too many eggs I hope that’s not bad for there health

Back
Top Bottom