Help me help animals!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by feather leg farms, Nov 23, 2009.

1. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    www.crittertalk.webs.com

I have created a site that will allow anyone to send me a form on what they have to sale. I hope this site will help animals from being thrown onto the road side or be abandoned.

2. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    It's kind of a double edged sword. There are some people who, if they have a buyer for their sick or mistreated animals,
    will just breed more. I've seen very sad, sick birds for sale at flea markets and my first instinct is to get them all and give them better lives, but I know the seller will keep doing it if there is money in it. If no one were to buy those birds, they will probably stop if there isn't a profit to be made.

What if you were to say something like "If you have animals you need to rehome for any reason and are unable to take them to an SPCA or don't have that type of facility nearby, send me the info and I will try to find a home for them. "

It's nice that you care and are trying to help!

3. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:[​IMG] Thanks for creating yet another avenue for the furbabies to have a chance at a home...just be careful though and watch what is posted.

4. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    Thanks for all your good advice. It's not just for animals who will be abandoned it's for someone who might just want to advertise their pet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by