Help me! I think my hen is dying! Need Help FAST!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by youtubeminer, Sep 25, 2015.

1. youtubeminer

youtubeminer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2015
    My hen is really weird she's not eating sleeping a lot not drinking water. I need help she is walking slow and doing nothing but sleeping she poops yellow and she cover with poop on her legs help give me some thing that might help her!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Sorry to hear about your problem. I am no expert, so i'll leave more comprehensive suggestions to other members, but i would at least isolate her (stops her being attacked by other flock members) and put vitamin supplements / electrolytes in her water. This may help her appetite and give her some much needed vitamins that she has lost by not eating.

Good luck
    CT

3. shortgrass

shortgrass Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado
    You may need to check for worms.... @casportpony, have some suggestions?

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @youtubeminer , first thing I would do is stabilize her by bringing her inside and placing her in a warm room. Once warm, I would tube warmed fluids, probably de-worm and start antibiotics. Yellow and/or green poops are never a good sign.

I'm available by phone to teach anyone how to tube.

-Kathy

5. youtubeminer

youtubeminer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2015
    she is not doing well she like to go outside but then goes in for 3 hours to sleep and ever go out

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

What are you doing for her? Are you willing to try to treat her?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by