Help me ID the breeds of the bantam chicks!

Forgot to get pictures! But will get them up- I promise! And yes, there is indeed a silkster in there, hehe...I was lucky to grab up the last one! I love silkies.
I do think that number two at least is a mille fleur! I asked a TSC girl that has some adult ones and she thinks they looked like that when they were tiny. Maybe the white chicklet in pic 3 is a cornish bantam? I really want to know what number 4 though!

Well, they're growing up quick -- so I'll get some new photos. They're getting in more wingding feathers, so that will help clue us in!
wink.png

I took a while, but it better to see them now with some more feathers. Let me know what you think!

Millie Fleur?? - I betcha! I have three others if so!

100_6628.jpg

Old English Game??
100_6631.jpg

???
100_6634.jpg

???
100_6639.jpg

And one of the silky! Isn't he/she a dandy? I wonder how long it take me to figure out the gender?... Probably to the point of crowing/laying, lol

100_6638.jpg

Last edited:
the last one looks a bit like a silkie... how are it's feathers..?

the other's look like OEGB, but the yellow legs... well, and the shape of the beaks... i dunno... look very different to me for some reason... you're gonna have to wait and see i guess...

You are right -- that last one is a little silky fellow! I agree on at least 2 probably being OEGs --- but who knows. They better hurry and feather out! It is driving me nuts with curiosity.
tongue.png

barnie.gif
hide.gif

Here are two more that I just picked up today to help fill a request for a friend. (Friend wanted four....but six was the min. at our TSC)

100_6665.jpg

The poor little light one has a sore nose!
sad.png

Any guesses? I will get better photos once again once they feather a little.

I was looking through my Murry McMurray catalog...and the brown/black looks like a Quail Antwerp Belgian
http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/bantam_quail_antwerp_belgian_bearded_d_anvers_.html

while I think the other one might be a Silver Sebright?? (He does have the little leopard pelt looking back)
http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/bantam_silver_sebright.html

Both are clean legged.

The McMurray catalog has been very helpful lately with these tiny brandless banties! I wonder if I got these two right though....
We'll see!

Back
Top Bottom