Help me identify my ducklings?

PotatoWaffles

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2014
Northwest Ohio
Hello all!

My fiancé and I just hatched a couple ducklings from our own flock. We have all sorts of breeds, so I am wondering if you have any ideas as to what these two little guys are and what they might look like when they're older. We put them in the brooder on August 15th and they hatched September 10th. Here are the ducks I have that could be the parents:

Male mallard
Male welsh harlequin
Female pekin
Female Cayuga
Female welsh harlequin
Female fawn and white runner

I had a male Cayuga but had to rehome him on July 19th. I also have a female chocolate runner and a female buff but I'm positive it wasn't them, as they only just started laying for the first time a few weeks ago, and their eggs are still small.

Frankenduck has classic mallard duckling pattern and came from a very large egg. I'm thinking he will look very mallard-like, lol.

Mr. Duckie is the same pattern, but grey, and cams from a much smaller egg:

They are imprinted on my fiancé and I and I just love them so much. Eeeeep!

So cute! The one duckling looks to be pure mallard, except there is only a male mallard in your possible parents. It could also be mallard and Pekin as I've seen those look mallard-ish when they're young, but grow up looking like a large fat mallard or have some extra white patches. The lighter one could be a cross between a mallard and possibly the Welsh Harlequin.

Back
Top Bottom