Help me identify my rooster & hen.

McGnugget

Chirping
Jun 20, 2016
Georgia
Greetings

I recently moved and inherited a rooster and hen. They have been free range birds for the 3 months I've had them. About a month ago we were visited by two dogs from down the road that got loose. Since then I haven't seen the rooster, but the hen returned to the house later the same day of the scare. She laid her last egg & hatched it a few weeks later. Now I have a new chick, but I have no idea what breed I've got. I think the rooster may have been a Cubalaya, but he has spurs. A photo is included below if anyone would like to take a guess.

Cheers!

English game fowl. Here's the new roo.

Wrong again. Turns out they were American Gamefowl. To be specific, they were Greys. Now I'm even more upset that they're gone, but I have 4 new game hens in the flock along with three black bantam Cochins. I have to keep the Cochins penned until Tucac goes into the trees at dusk or he'll kill the roo. The new game hens aren't Greys, but at least I still have my young hatched hen from the original two.

Well, I'm guessing I have a blue, a brownred & a redquill, and of course my grey. Having a tough time finding anyone on any forum to help ID these birds.

Back
Top Bottom