Help me identify these ducks

foulballfarms

Hatching
Apr 27, 2015
Hi I'm new to BYC. I have a small farmette and someone recently gave me two ducks. They told me they are teal ducks. Can anyone verify the breed of these ducks? And if they are male or female?
Thank you

I'm not 100% sure but I think they might be green wing teal. Wish I could be more of a help
1f62c.png
they also kinda look like chestnut teal

Last edited:
I have not vent sexed them. I looked up the chestnut teal. Does anyone think they are grey teal? I was hoping they would quack or whistle but they haven't made any sound yet.

I have not vent sexed them. I looked up the chestnut teal. Does anyone think they are grey teal? I was hoping they would quack or whistle but they haven't made any sound yet.
The birds in the pics have green Iredesence on their head grey teal don't have that I'm almost positive it's two male chestnut teal. You need someone better than me lol like destin duck or blue creek!

I personally cannot tell much from the pictures. Can you get clearer pictures? Those do not look like any chestnut breasted teal I have seen before. Are they hybrids by any chance? If so then it could be two hybrid males.

Back
Top Bottom