Help me identify this tiny bug!

I don't know what they are, but I think I've got them too. Took the young chicks out of the barn and put them in the run and when I came inside my skin was crawling. Pulled off 4 before I jumped in the shower.
Have you made any progress on figuring out what they are and how to get rid of them? I have them too and every time I go in the coop I have to rinse my arms. It’s frustrating.

Have you made any progress on figuring out what they are and how to get rid of them? I have them too and every time I go in the coop I have to rinse my arms. It’s frustrating.
Yes! They ended up being some variety of mites after all. I went to Tractor Supply and bought some Permethrin 10, found some diluting info after searching this forum and sprayed down my coop, paying special attention to my nest boxes where they were most concentrated (I think my broody hen drew them there). I picked up my broody and sprayed her down too, and after dark got the rest of my flock on their roosts. Reapplied 7 days later for 2 weeks to make sure no eggs hatched. I never saw any again after I did that first treatment, it was amazing and affordable too.

Yes! They ended up being some variety of mites after all. I went to Tractor Supply and bought some Permethrin 10, found some diluting info after searching this forum and sprayed down my coop, paying special attention to my nest boxes where they were most concentrated (I think my broody hen drew them there). I picked up my broody and sprayed her down too, and after dark got the rest of my flock on their roosts. Reapplied 7 days later for 2 weeks to make sure no eggs hatched. I never saw any again after I did that first treatment, it was amazing and affordable too.
Thanks so much! It has been so frustrating! I will do this and hopefully will solve it. This is such great news.

What was the ratio to dilute did you use? Also could you still eat the eggs during this time? Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom