Help me Identify!

baitstrap78

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 7, 2013
Windsor, MO
Can anyone help me identify my black chicks? I'm fairly certain the buff ones are RIR's. The only idea I have for the black one's are Black Australorp's but I'm not sure. They don't have much, if any, white and their feathers are growing in with brown. I got them all at the same time but the black one's are much bigger.

I really can't help you and I am sure someone will come along that can. I can tell you they do not look like my baby Blk Australorps. Google Australorps babies. Mine are black with yellow under bodies. They are 3 weeks old. Good luck

I have 1 black australorp that looks similar to yours. The chest is gray, head all black, but the under body is cream color.

They look a little like my Dominique chicks did earlier this month. Now they are feathering out and changing colors - one to black/white stripes (is that called "barred" maybe?), one to copper-tipped feathers, and well, the one that looks like a penguin still looks like a penguin :) Dominiques are a larger breed. My three are the most adventurous and curious of our 8 chicks.
wee.gif

Last edited:
Black breeds don't feather in brown. Might be sexlinks, though. They have varying amounts of red-brown in their plumage.

Back
Top Bottom