Help me if you can!

Berynn

Cooped Up
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
I have several expensive copper black maran eggs that I can not tell wich end is pointed, today is day 19, I have been told that oblong ed shaped eggs most likely will not hatch on their own. They were rocking last night and today. Tomorrow is day 20, if these were your eggs what would you? Would you at least start to chip? If you can just tell me what you would do, then I will make my own decision. I am leaning towards making a pip on one or two on my own

Quote:
I would wait until the end of day 21. If there is no pip by then give them a pip hole
to breath through then wait another 24 hours at least. Once the membrane dries
out it's impossible for them to move. Helping them too early can kill them. It's a tough
call. I helped 3 today that were pipped, active, but I think couldn't move. They
are all fine. This was a good assisted hatch. I've had others I helped too early that
died quick.

I've hatched a few oblonged eggs and round ones which I could only find the air cell via candling. I say let them be and let them go as if they will make it they will pip. I wouldn't pip for them. Hold tight and maybe get in there on day 22 in necessary, as I've had some take 3 days from pip to hatch...

Back
Top Bottom