Help me!! Is this sound normal for a Hen?!

Can you try to get video of the hen while it is making the sound that you are concerned with? Just sound with no visual context is very hard to judge (one of the videos posted doesn't work, the other is sound only). How old is the hen and are there any other symptoms or behaviors that are out of the ordinary?

Can you try to get video of the hen while it is making the sound that you are concerned with? Just sound with no visual context is very hard to judge (one of the videos posted doesn't work, the other is sound only). How old is the hen and are there any other symptoms or behaviors that are out of the ordinary?
Well I'll post another one where she makes it,I don't know her age she's a rescue,not really when I grab her she makes the sound even when she's alone she'll do it instead of normally going pacock she'll do that

That may just be her voice. I can't really get a good look, but she appears to be young. She may still be getting her adult voice, they can sound odd and squawky and hoarse then. I would keep an eye on her to see if anything else turns up. If she's acting normal otherwise, then I wouldn't worry too much. She also doesn't appear to have been handled much, seems to dislike it a lot, so I'd go slowly getting her used to being around you so as to not stress her out too much. She may never grow to like being held, but will hopefully not get so upset later on.

That may just be her voice. I can't really get a good look, but she appears to be young. She may still be getting her adult voice, they can sound odd and squawky and hoarse then. I would keep an eye on her to see if anything else turns up. If she's acting normal otherwise, then I wouldn't worry too much. She also doesn't appear to have been handled much, seems to dislike it a lot, so I'd go slowly getting her used to being around you so as to not stress her out too much. She may never grow to like being held, but will hopefully not get so upset later on.
Thanks you very much I'm trying I stopped handlingher much since I started school

Back
Top Bottom