Help me keep the stray cats away~long

I hear that if you broil them cats taste just like chicken
big_smile.png

just kidding

We took the kittens to the animal shelter and I felt so bad because it made me feel like I was abandoning them. The shelter can not loan me or come set a trap because I am not in the city and I think that just stinks. We will have to buy a trap so I can catch these darn cats and stop them from producing any more. I don't like cats but I don't wish them any harm and I have to take care of my animals first. I wish all the darn people dumping them off down the country road (my road) would stop it and just take them to the shelter. I think there are 2 female cats and 1 male. Just makes me want to
hit.gif

I don't recommend my solution, but it keeps them from under the house.

I just started feeding them in the house, now every cat in the neighborhood is mine. LOL!
wink.png

Imp- Sometimes I wish it weren't true.
th.gif

Quote:
Ditto that.

Our crawlspace is very secure, all the vents screens are in place, and the door to it has a padlock. Nothing gets in there except spiders. I really like that, it means if I go under there I don't have to worry about what kind of critter I might meet!

I've heard this quoted very often by spay/neuter people:
A cat can have up to 4 litters in 1 year. They can have 6 or more kittens each time. They can reach sexual maturity as early as 4 months of age. And most cats live at least 10 years, some over 20 years.....you do the math!!!!!!!! Thats ALOT of cats!!!

But in my personal experience it doesn't hold water. A cat may be possibly able to have kittens 4x per year, but we had outdoor cats that were fed constantly and healthy, and the most they ever had was 2 litters per year. I'm just not seeing a barely-fed feral doing better than a well-fed pet. Just sayin.
I'm very pro spay/neuter, but I just don't think it's necessary to inflate the numbers.​

and those 2 litters of 6 kittens (thats probably the average litter amount) can reproduce at 6 months old.. and then those 12 kittens can reproduce at 6 months old.. and they can have 6 kittens each...it will never end!..and its sad!...
th.gif

Last edited:
Are they getting food from you somehow? if so that could be possibly be why they are hanging around.

I have nothing rude to say to you what soever. Theres a difference between not likeing cats and abusing cats. You just dont like them but dont mean them any harm... thats how it should be. i get so angry at people who treat cats like crap, and treat dogs like royalty....both should be treated equally they are all loving animals after all (and its' not their fault when they are born wild with no human interaction wild dogs are the same way *bitey and scared*).

Atleast you care
hugs.gif

the reason theres more of a cat problem then a dog problem is for some reason theres more animal catchers wlling to catch stray dogs than there are cats so in no time the population gets out of control and stays taht way....dogs can and will get pregnant just as fast as cats will, but stray dogs are nabbed up fast and taken to shelters where as cats are normally looked at like a wild bird hopping around in a yard...no mind. It shouldnt be that way and it's a shame that it is. I personally think there should be a leash law on cats just like there is on dogs (in most states) then most people woul dkeep them indoors where they belong. I dont like dogs outside to roam just like i dont like cats outside to roam.

*off my sad soap box*

I hate knowing kittens are dying and being torchered by sickos thank gosh you are not one of those selfish nasty people
hugs.gif

Quote:
yup! what she said! i think their should be a leash law on them also!!!!!!!! and shes also right....animal control WILL NOT come out to get a cat..(not here anyway)..but they will for a dog...why??

I dont know if these are feral or not but htey have found you can atuclly control populations of feral cats by traping spaying and then releaseing back on your property if they dont want to breed cats can be very tertoral and if you have say 3 or 4 feral but fixed cats on youre property then they will most likely keep the rest of the cats off of it. It would probly work on stray cats as well as feral .
I trapped cats where I worked found homes for some but released two males back , they keeped the other stray cats away till they passed on. If you do this though you have to feed them other wise its not fair.
You can buy traps on line and I dont knwo about yorue feed store but mine not only sales live traps but they rent them.

Quote:
yup! what she said! i think their should be a leash law on them also!!!!!!!! and shes also right....animal control WILL NOT come out to get a cat..(not here anyway)..but they will for a dog...why??

it drives me batty (i think its' the same almost everywhere sadly). Dogs are never strays here for long....no more than a day or two, MAYBE longer if someone caught the dog and is just waiting on the dog catcher to come pick it up. If it's a cat.... nothing is done...nothing. You have to take ti to the pound and then you get there and the refuse the cat unless you pay...
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom